As we begin on our knees, humbling bowing before the Father, He continues to draw us near. Before we continue onto the next verse of Ephesians 3:14-19, let’s spend a little more time reflecting about our posture.
During our summer focus on the book of Hebrews, Hebrews 4:16 served as a physical reminder of our spiritual posture. I’ve found great comfort in this scripture over the past couple of months, processing each phrase and praising God for His position, power, mercy, grace, and strength. The most beautiful part is how all these words are true despite my struggles, failures, and weaknesses.
This passage is even more engaging in The Passion Translation – ‘So now we draw near freely and boldly to where grace is enthroned, to receive mercy’s kiss and discover the grace we urgently need to strengthen us in our time of weakness.’
Our confidence, freedom, and boldness as stated in this passage are from the Lord. Not in our own physical strength, self-control, appearance, good behavior, or biblical knowledge. Every day we can approach the throne of grace regardless what the day before looked like in our own lives! We approach, bow, pray, repent, receive, and move forward in a posture of confidence, grace, and mercy!
In response to this scripture, we developed full-body flow to Hebrews 4:16. Please join us via the video below. Be intentional to speak the truth out loud while going through the motions and do so several times, breathing in His mercy, grace, and strength.
We have to chose to stand firm on holy ground. With the Belt of Truth wrapped around our waists. And roll our shoulders back in confidence of our King.
Here are some questions to personally consider:
- What’s my current posture?
- How can I align my posture to Him?
- Do I daily have a posture of surrender?
- Is my posture based on my strength or His?
- Or am I letting my posture slack a little for comfort?
- Would I describe my posture as humble or prideful?
- Am I abiding in Him, connected to the Vine? Producing fruit?
- What about the Armor of God? Are all the pieces on and in place?
- What’s my posture towards my husband?
- What’s my posture towards the kids? My parents? My coworkers?
- What’s my posture towards my tasks?
Let’s meditate on these passages of Scripture and pay attention of our posture.
For a session on physical posture AND spiritual posture, join me for this 45 minute workout!
Lord, give us a posture of joy, truth, grace, peace, strength, surrender, freedom, fun, and worship!