Over the past several days, the Lord has been drawing my attention to my posture. Whether it’s through a Facebook post saying, ‘Grace in a posture’, this statement from our YouVersion Reading plan, ‘Progressively over a number of decades, they’d refused a posture of surrender toward His divine care and guidance’, or even the hope of my husband and kids knowing that I enjoy being with them, I’ve been reflecting on my posture.
And while, yes, my physical posture has slacked a bit over the past few weeks, I know it’s my spiritual posture that provides the real strength and beauty. I was getting pretty confident in my own spiritual posture, and felt like I was on firm ground, when a scary scenario happened, and my anxiety got turned up several notches. Suddenly I was choosing to be on shaky ground, full of fears and what-ifs. Thankfully I was gently reminded to have a posture of faith. Replace the lies with truth. Know Who is in control and trust the He is good.
We have to chose to stand firm on holy ground. With the belt of Truth wrapped around our waists. And roll our shoulders back in confidence of our King.
Here are some questions to personally consider:
- What’s my current posture?
- How can I align my posture to Him?
- Do I daily have a posture of surrender?
- Is my posture based on my strength or His?
- Or am I letting my posture slack a little for comfort?
- Would I describe my posture as humble or prideful?
- Am I abiding in Him, connected to the Vine? Producing fruit?
- What about the Armor of God? Are all the pieces on and in place?
- What’s my posture towards my husband?
- What’s my posture towards the kids?
- What’s my posture towards my tasks?
Let’s meditate on these passages of Scripture and pay attention of our posture.
For a session on physical posture AND spiritual posture, join me for this 45 minute workout!
Lord, give us a posture of joy, truth, grace, peace, strength, surrender, freedom, fun, and worship!